How do I apply to work for Wetherspoon?
You can apply to work at our pubs or head office, using our careers website:
If you have any queries about a pub vacancy, please contact the manager directly, either by visiting the pub or by telephone. Contact details can be found using our pub-search.
What benefits do employees receive?
In addition to their pay, all employees receive:
- a bonus (paid monthly to pub-based employees)
- a guaranteed-hour contract
- 50% off food, while at work
- 20% off food, drinks and hotel accommodation, while not at work
- a contributory pension
- paid holiday
- free shares (after 18 months’ service)
- full training, including an apprenticeship programme
In addition, pub managers and head-office employees receive private medical insurance.
Do you support work experience programmes?
We support entirely voluntary work-experience programmes, in particular those for young people, ex-military personnel and those with a disability. These are programmes where candidates will not lose any benefits, if they do not participate in the programme. Candidates are paid to complete this experience.
We do not support work programmes where attendance is mandatory for benefits to be retained.