This pub is the former Premier cinema which entertained the people of Widnes until the 1960s. Built on wasteland, at a cost of £4,000, the Premier opened in 1915, with Jewel of Fate. It showed silent films until 1929, when it became the first cinema in Widnes to show ‘talkies’. The cinema closed in the 1960s.
Find out More >