Named after William Jameson, who laid out Fawcett Street and the surrounding roads, on behalf of the Fawcett family. Fawcett Street was originally one of Sunderland’s finest residential areas. Building work started in 1814, when the family instructed William Jameson to lay out the estate. By 1844, Fawcett Street was virtually complete, with imposing three- and four-storey houses.
Find out More >