This striking grade II listed building was purpose built as Walsall’s first permanent subscribers’ library. Built in 1830–1 in the Greek Doric style, it was divided into news and reading rooms. By 1847, however, the building had fallen into disrepair, with the library struggling to make a profit. Not long after that, it was altered internally to provide an imposing county court building.
Find out More >