During the 19th century, Ilkley developed into a health resort. A visitors’ guide, of 1829, listed six boarding houses and three inns, among which was the Lister’s Arms, almost within touching distance of the former Hide Bar. The inn opened in 1825 and had its own brewhouse. It was originally called the New Inn, but soon became known as the Lister’s Arms after the first tenant, John Lister. The public house was sold in 1989, extended and converted into apartments.
Find out More >