This former Free Church was built in 1845. The building’s origin was in the great Disruption of the Church of Scotland, when almost half of its clergy and laity left to form the Free Church. Known as the West Kirk, it closed in 1981, but its name lives on in this Wetherspoon pub. Until 1929, the building was the Ayr Free Church (originally Ayr and Wallacetown); from then until its closure in 1981, it was known as Sandgate Church.
Find out More >