This property has been a public house and hotel since 1950, when it was bought by the Northampton Brewery Company. Until then, the Georgian-style building had been a private residence, built in 1928 for a Mr TH Crumbie. The stone for the White House came from Normanton Hall, demolished two years earlier. The Hall stood 25 miles away on the southern shore of what is now Rutland Water (a reservoir and popular tourist attraction created in the 1970s).
Find out More >